Some Days You Just Need A Rest
I know, I have been lax and remiss and a bunch of other fifty dollar words I can’t think of right now. These are the things I have learned since Wednesday:
* When you nick yourself shaving, don’t wear tight pants the next day.
* When you are getting up at 5:30 in the morning to drive to LA, don’t stay out partying in The City, going to Sushi A Go Go and having tiki drinks in a sunken pirate ship hidden in a building that looks like it hosts raves.
* When you do go into The City and do those things anyway because you like your friends and had a great time, make sure to get chai first thing in the morning when you drive.
* Traffic in Los Angeles sucks ass.
* Diving into Irish Car Bombs, Dogs Bollocks and a rum & tequilla drink the size of your head is always better with friends.
* Blisters are NOT your friend.
* Bacon always makes everything better.
* Cocoa cakes made with Jack Daniel’s is always the right way to end a night.
* Purple carrots taste better than orange ones.
* Everything looks better by candlelight.
* Home Improvement shows are cool.
* Concept cars are cool. VW Bugs with small plastic animals and Barbies glued all over them, aren’t.
* Alan Rickman really needs to marry me. I’ve already picked out three houses he can buy me.
* The Pacific Ocean looks better in Southern California than Northern California.
* Newport has beaches. San Francisco has coastline.
* Beaches are better.
* It’s hard to write when you don’t have a computer and you can’t find a pen.
* Don’t try too hard to figure out the mysterious lights that appear out in the middle of nowhere on I-5.
* Realize the want of a crab sandwich doesn’t translate into the instant having of one.
* Coming to the realization that loud, shrieking drunk girls are annoying no matter how much money they have, where they live or what they wear.
Well, that is all for now. I am off to write for the rest of the week, travel to places exotic and unknown and return with tales to amaze (or at least find out if they have Twilight freaks in the Gold Country.